Reg Mechanic

B Brush 17:20 25 Jul 2004

I have just used a free version of Reg Mechanic & my system is showing 1000+ errors (my system seems to be running V slow, compared to when I had it, just over 18 months ago) I want to address this but I don't have a credit card & don't want to use my debit card online.

Does anybody have some ideas? Is this the problem? I have been struggling for a couple of months now, wondering what the problem is!

Is this the reason for my slow start up? + When ever I click on to other stuff it takes a while to fill the icons with their graphics. i.e. My music/ pictures , even just control panel.

Also I have tried to run things from magazines free DVD's which just do not start. Usually game demos. These used to work! (The last couple of DVD’s don’t work)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am considering reinstalling everything (which is a task that I am not really up for!!)

Oh!! The spec - Athlon 2200, 512 MB DDR, 80GB DD, 64MB graphic on AGP (don't know what card manufacturer)

I may be flogging a dead horse but I though I would try

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:24 25 Jul 2004

Regseeker and ccleaner will do the same as reg mechanic and they are free.....click here click here

Try these two however I would suggest that using your recovery disk (after backing up all files) will be much better. Reformatting is a doddle, gets your computer running as new and there will be lots of advice here.

G

spuds 17:52 25 Jul 2004

If you want Reg Mechanic 1.0 for 'free', then get a copy of Computer Shopper issue 198 [August 2004]with the dvd cover disk, or phone 01789 490215 and order the disk for £2.50. This dvd disk also contains Ultra WinCleaner One Click 8.5.3.

B Brush 18:28 25 Jul 2004

Thanks V much.

Gandalf - Your suggestions were spot on, although I ran Reg Mec after and still showing lots of reg & deep reg problems. My PC boots up loads quicker, and the ICON problem seems to have gone. I have not tried to run anything yet, but I sure it will be better. Still got a problem on start up though, Where the start button and clock are blanked out in blue. This may be not a prob, but would like you’re feedback.

Spuds - Cheers I will see if I can get a copy. Sure 1.0 will do the trick?

spuds 20:06 25 Jul 2004

I use CCleaner and Reg Mechanic 1.0. Both seem to work okay. If you phone for the dvd, ask for a copy of their previous dvd list [11 pages], well worth having with prices from £1.00 or 12 for £10.00 plus latest dvd's at £2.50 each.

If you use CCleaner, which is very good, be a little steady on initial usage, and get to know the product.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?