+++ Refilled Samsung ML-1640 printer +++

pcdimwit 01:14 14 Jul 2010

I have refilled my Samsung ML-1640 b/w laser printer with the same toner refill as I used for my ML-2510 printer (almost the same printer) I used both a 250mAh 250V and a 100MAh 250V fuse in the "pawl" on the side of the ML-1640 printer, I am now finding that the red light is flashing still on the printer and when I press the big triangle in a circle button on the printer for a few seconds the printer prints a test page telling me that only 411 pages have been printed and that the toner cartridge is only 10% full - I know it is full of toner but the fuse does not seem to have reset the counter or made the printer "see" that the cartridge has been totally refilled - what can I do?? why does the fuse work fine on my ML-2510 and keep the green light steady and stop the red flashing light but on the ML-1640 it wont turn off this red light?? Also the printer icon in the task bar tray at base of monitor shows in the Samsung "smart panel" that the toner is very low!!! Can this be rectified?? thanks PCDIMWIT

beeuuem 02:44 14 Jul 2010

This has some suggestions click here though I have no idea if they work.

pcdimwit 11:29 14 Jul 2010

Hi Beeuuem, thanks for that, I went through all the listings on that link you sent and did come across one from someone in Indonesia, it was some sort of programme you download and then "drag" one file on top of the other - I dont know how I did it at all!! I am such a DUNCE with computers!! anyway after a bit of messsing about and still thinking I had done it wrong the light went to green on the printer and I pressed the big button and it printed a test page and this shows that the page count is Zero and the toner cartridge is shown as 100% - I must save that guy's instructions to my documents folder in case I have to use it again!!! thanks for your help - Its a nightmare when one is alone and doesnt know what to do, especially a PC dunce like me!!! PCDIMWIT

beeuuem 19:58 14 Jul 2010

You are not alone! We all run up against PC problems where we don't immediately know the answer.

Google is your friend in many of these situations.
If all else fails ask PCAdvisor!
Pleased to hear that you did get it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone