Refer to Cells in R1C1 Part 2!

Desert Andy 12:10 19 Feb 2010

Sorry, thought your last answer was going to fix all, however!

My code is this:
Worksheets("Pilot Data Sheet").Range(Cells(13, 6), Cells(250, 6)).Select
Selection.Copy

The first line of code is not accepted, any reasons?

Terry Brown 12:14 19 Feb 2010

Where is the original post, and this NEW post says nothing.
Terry

Desert Andy 12:17 19 Feb 2010

original post is about 20 minutes earlier. Any thoughts why my cellrange selection is not selected?

MAJ 12:35 19 Feb 2010

The original post, in which Terry Brown was extremely rude by ticking and disappearing without thanking VoG for the time he took to answer, is click here

MAJ 12:37 19 Feb 2010

Sorry Desert Andy was rude, not Terry Brown, sorry Terry.

VoG II 12:40 19 Feb 2010

You need to split selecting the sheet and the range

Worksheets("Pilot Data Sheet").Select
Range(Cells(13, 6), Cells(250, 6)).Select
Selection.Copy

However, there is no need to select anything, e.g.

Worksheets("Pilot Data Sheet").Range(Cells(13, 6), Cells(250, 6)).Copy destination:= Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

Desert Andy 12:40 19 Feb 2010

Sorry, did not mean to be rude. I normally thank an answer. Any thoughts why current code won't work?

MAJ 12:55 19 Feb 2010

"Sorry, did not mean to be rude. I normally thank an answer."

Is that right? click here

Desert Andy 16:01 19 Feb 2010

Hi VoG

Thanks for the shortened code.

Worksheets("Pilot Data Sheet").Range("F13:F179").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Pilot In Depth").Range("AB11")

Worksheets("Pilot Data Sheet").Range(Cells(13, 4), Cells(179, 4)).Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Pilot In Depth").Range("AB11")

If I use the top line of code, it works a treat. If I use the second line of code, it stops on error. Very frustrating, can you think of anything I may have done wrong.

VoG II 16:09 19 Feb 2010

Sorry, in my previous post I forgot tpo qualify the range properly. To save typing out the worksheet name three times try

With Worksheets("Pilot Data Sheet")
.Range(.Cells(13, 4), .Cells(179, 4)).Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Pilot In Depth").Range("AB11")
End With

Desert Andy 16:18 19 Feb 2010

Than you, that has solved the problem, i have stopped pulling my hair out. Apologies if I have not always thank you, generally you get my gratitude in some of my entries. However, I have really annoyed the MAJ. I don't like annoying anybody, so hopefully I have now made ammends with all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache