Reducing speaker fuzz?

Josquius 20:34 28 Jul 2005

Are there any general ways to reduce speaker fuzz?
My speakers are built into my monitor and for any sort of volume above 1/10 full they are VERY fuzzy.
This is a minor issue normally but I'm wanting to start messing around with basic sound manipulation on my computer and for rerecording from speakers (which is bad enough to do to begin with) this static is not good...

Stuartli 20:37 28 Jul 2005

Have you checked the Volume Control panel?

The slider may have been turned down too low - double click on the Taskbar icon.

Josquius 15:20 29 Jul 2005

Which slider is this?
I only seem to have volume and balance...

Josquius 17:17 29 Jul 2005

click here

Is a example of the kind of thing I get. Also common is a echo (though it wasn't picked up there for some reason)

Stuartli 17:22 29 Jul 2005

Open up the Volume Control Panel and click on Options - you can select which you require to be shown and those which will be hidden.

Stuartli 17:32 29 Jul 2005

PS

Monitor speakers are usually quite small and sound quality is usually not a lot to shout about..:-)

Better to buy a pair of quality speakers, but what you mean by recording from them is a mystery...

Josquius 17:57 29 Jul 2005

Is there anyway I could connect two pairs of speakers to my computer? I believe there is only one output (soundcard just has the standard green, pink and blue port)

dogbreath1 18:48 29 Jul 2005

click here
This enables p.c. sound of all types (.mp3 files, system sounds etc.) to be played through a hifi whilst bypassing your sound card. The result is high quality sound. I've been using one for months...it's mighty fine. The better the hifi, the better the sound repro..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

There’s more to Finnish artist Tove Jansson than creating the Moomins

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder la Coupe du monde de rugby à XIII en direct ?