Reducing size of characters in a link

bob236 21:52 15 Jun 2008

I couldn't think of how to describe my request in the title.
What I'm after doing is posting url links to Photobucket. When I copy and paste the link on to a forum site, I get the whole url. I'd like to be able to say 'click here' to replace the url. I've seen this before on other sites but never known how to do it. Does this make sense? If so, how do I manage it?

Covergirl 22:03 15 Jun 2008

click here

Is this what you mean ?

bob236 22:24 15 Jun 2008

Yea, that's the critter. How's it done please? Not too much technical jargon though.

bob236 22:26 15 Jun 2008

Ooops. Sorry. Shoulda clicked and gone there before I asked. Thank you so much Covergirl.

bob236 22:55 15 Jun 2008

It's me again. I've managed so far to use the tinyurl thing but it will not go onto my toolbar so I've had to add it to favs and use it from there. That's not a problem. (I did follow the instructions for putting it on the toolbar.)
Now how do I change the wording from tinyurl.com to 'click here'? Am I missing something?

Taff™ 23:44 15 Jun 2008

In Word for example highlight the tinyurl and right click and select "Hyperlink" or "Edit Hyperlink" and in the box at the top "Text To display" type Click Here or More Info

Acx 02:47 16 Jun 2008

If I am following this right. No YOU can't do this yourself.

'Click Here' only appears in your posted messages if the Forum you are posting to, automatically changes the link/address you put in your posts/response to 'Click Here'.

This site (PC Advisor)does this automatically, all we do is 'Copy and Paste' the address of the page we wish to link to into our responses, after we click 'Post Response' (at the bottom of the page) the address is automatically converted to 'Click Here' by the PCA Site itself, not by us.

Try it and see.
Go to a site (say The BBC) Highlight the address bar at the top of the page 'Cut and Paste' it to the reply box at the bottom of this page.

After you click 'Post Response' it will show up on this on this site as 'Click Here' automatically (changed by the site not us).

Hope this helps.

Acx 03:04 16 Jun 2008

h t t p : / /w w w .b b c. c o. u k /
(spaced out to stop it becoming 'Click Here' by this site)

would become

click here
just copy and pasted.

Acx 03:20 16 Jun 2008

photobucket
Look for 'Direct link' under the picture you want to link to, Highlight this> Right click> Copy and Paste it into your post,

an example
click here
Direct link, Right clicked then just copied and pasted into this response box (changed to 'Click Here' by this site).

bob236 10:40 16 Jun 2008

Thanks guys. There's enough there for me to work with.

recap 22:17 16 Jun 2008

To place the TinyURL! link on your Links toolbar, click the TinyURL! shortcut, look in the address bar for the address. Click and drag the blue Internet Explorer Icon to the Links toolbar. The link will only go on the toolbar when you see a thick black vertical line similar to 'I'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?