Reducing JPEGs for email

DRiM 14:39 13 Oct 2003

Hi, my digital camera (Fuji 401) takes fantastic pictures which I want to email to the family, unfortunately, each pic is more than 1Mb and takes an eternity to download.

I know there is a way to make them into a smaller file using Paint Shop Pro, but don't know how to do it.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
DRiM

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:43 13 Oct 2003

I use Irfanview to do this click here then open you pic up in irfanview then select save as from the file menu it will save your pic as a jpeg but with the size cut down,just dont send the wrong 1 lol.

hoverman 14:46 13 Oct 2003

I have Paint Shop Pro 8. To reduce the image size click on 'Image' and then 'Resize' and enter the required value in 'Pixel dimensions' - I enter around 700 for width. Make sure that there is a tick in the 'Lock Aspect ratio' box to keep same proportations.

hoverman 14:47 13 Oct 2003

Sorry, 'Proportations' should read 'proportions'

davejo 14:49 13 Oct 2003

Open PSP and go to 'Image' then go down to resize, then just follow the on screen instructions, worth knowing that its better to resize by % rates rather than pixels size. If your not happ with the new size then just go back and change it again, till you get it right. I would also save the new image as a different file name so as not to lose the original.

davejo 14:51 13 Oct 2003

I have PSP 8 also and you cant change the size by % rates.....you could on earlier versions, so sorry about that

DRiM 15:13 13 Oct 2003

Thanks very much for the help. I will do that!

DRiM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?