Reducing file size of jpeg image

alilouise 00:09 09 Jan 2006

Hi

I want to add an avatar on a forum i use but it keeps saying its too big, i reduce the size using photoshop to less than the 75 x 75 pixels they say it should be but when i go to properties of the photo, the file size is still big and it wont upload - however small I make the picture it makes no difference.

I have photoshop, ADC or MGI photosuite I could use but i dont know how to change the file size.

It cant be over 10kb to be accepted. Help! please can someone give me an 'idiot's guide of what to do?!'

thanks everyone

Stuartli 00:16 09 Jan 2006

Have you tried doing a Save As (presumably in this case a .jpeg)?

Your original file will remain intact.

DieSse 00:20 09 Jan 2006

When you do the "save as" for a jpg, there will be an options button - click it, and you will see several parameters - one of which adjusts the amount of compression. The more compression, the smaller the file size - experiment until you get it correct.

Chegs ®™ 07:43 09 Jan 2006

Quick and easy(and free)IrfanView will do the job with just a few mouseclicks.click here

dp600 08:20 09 Jan 2006

Try right clicking on thew image and send to mail recipient this shoud make it the right size.
Dave.

Andsome 08:52 09 Jan 2006

This is probably the quickest and easiest of the lot. There are a whole load of facilities on this Microsoft site, including an image resizer. A simple right click and you will be offered a choice of sizes.
click here

Skeletor 09:13 09 Jan 2006

goto to "file" and choose "Save for web". There you can adjust pixel size and file size.

alilouise 13:09 09 Jan 2006

thanks, did it via Irfanview in the end as nothing else worked.
Cheers for your help
Alison

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?