Redshift

call1 12:57 19 Apr 2007

The Redshift 5 program with the latest PC Advisor will not load, it goes through all the downloading but a box asking for the code never comes up when it has finished downloading a box comes up EXAMINING SYSTEM then another box ERROR preparing installation OK. but it has not installed..HELP

recap 13:05 19 Apr 2007

For cover disc support call 01795 414 940 "stating your address, the issue number and whether it was a CD or DVD edition"

RickyC :-) 13:25 19 Apr 2007

The tech support team at Redshift are on the case for you following your call earlier today.

The phone number recap has posted is for readers who have faulty or damaged discs.

regards
Richard
Cover Disc Editor

pj123 17:58 19 Apr 2007

My PCA June 2007, Issue 143 DVD is available if anyone wants it.

I already have Redshift, Astronomer for Windows and Orbits. None of them come anywhere near a free Star program that I use all the time. SkyGlobe 3.5.

mitsme 20:50 19 Apr 2007

I had a similar experience with Redshift install. Good to learn I'm not alone, thought I was losing it! Any more back from Redshift?

call1 21:13 19 Apr 2007

Thanks mitsme for your reply, but no I have had no reply from Redshift, the program just will not install, did you manage to install it?.
call1

mitsme 21:35 19 Apr 2007

I haven't tried since, can only deal with so much frustration. Have you?

magnus35 21:36 19 Apr 2007

This was a bit of a puzzle which could have been helped by more instruction .

Out of curiosity , I clicked on the traffic lights , shown on disc contents , a trailer played and when this was stopped various links had to be clicked to reveal the Key , the Hardware Code and the Secure Key - what a palaver . I also updated Adobe , after a prompt , in order to be able to access these links from the pdf .

I have uninstalled the program as I didn't think it was worth the bother or the space . Experience should have told me that the 'free' stuff offered isn't being given away for no reason .

magnus35 21:40 19 Apr 2007

Should have mentioned - the traffic lights icon was clicked after installation of the program - I couldn't get it to run either at that stage - it just said that it hadn't been activated .

call1 21:45 19 Apr 2007

I loaded it three times and uninstalled it three times, it still will not load, it goes through the install but never asks for the code, when it is supposed to have installed a box comes up saying finished and thats it but no program is installed

phono 21:51 19 Apr 2007

Do you have any Antivirus or Antispyware software installed which may be blocking registry changes or edits etc which may be required for a correct install?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?