redirectingat.com

jolorna 13:53 18 Nov 2010

xp home sp3 ie8 every time i click on a link in a post on pcadvisor it goes through redirectingat.com & shows the page cannot be found how can i overcome this. using avast, spywareblaster & superantispyware but none of them find anything

Nontek 14:04 18 Nov 2010

"This is a redirection service used by online publishers.

Please contact us if you have experienced problems with this redirection.

USA/Canada: (+1) 800 734-5166
UK/Rest of World: +44 207 382 6447"

This is what comes up on Google for redirectingat . com If you have had any dealings with on-line publishing, then maybe it is genuine - otherwise do your scans again in safe mode and delete anything found. If nothing found by scanning then do a search for 'redirecting' if anything shows, delete it from within the search window.

Nontek 14:06 18 Nov 2010

PS - if it is only showing in PCA (this site), then perhaps you should contact Forum Editor for an explanation.

jolorna 14:14 18 Nov 2010

it is more on this site as i might be able to open one link ok but after that no other links open, i have googled it & for lots of people the link's still open ok but with the extended address

GaT7 14:25 18 Nov 2010

Previous threads about the same click here & related click here

By FE on page 2 of the 2nd link:

WNothing sinister is afoot.

Redirect services are widely used by online publishers as a way to generate useful revenue without having to resort to intrusive banner ads.

Apart from ourselves, companies like John Lewis, Selfridges, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Currys, and many more use the service. It's totally harmless."

They're ad-related & what keeps the forum like ours running for free. G

jolorna 14:38 18 Nov 2010

yes i have read they are ad-related but the problem is on a 6 to 7 meg download speed all the time the pages just will not open says cannot connect

VoG II 14:45 18 Nov 2010

Try this click here

jolorna 14:57 18 Nov 2010

your link wouldn't open but i typed it into google & have installed hosts file but everytyhing still the same

jolorna 15:01 18 Nov 2010

have to go now but will look back in this evening or tomorrow thanks everybody for trying to help me

VoG II 15:02 18 Nov 2010

I think you'll have to restart Windows.

birdface 16:58 18 Nov 2010

PCA have been using redirectingat.com for almost a year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?