redirectingat.com

MAJ 12:55 04 Feb 2010

I don't know if this has been discussed recently or not, I did a forum search but got no threads on the subject.

I have noticed that when I click on an external link in a post (a blue "Click Here"), rather than going straight to the target site, I am routed through redirectingat.com, then on to the target site. I'm guessing this has been initiated by PCA. Am I incorrect? It is noticably slowing the speed that I get to the external target site. Has anyone else noticed this? IE6 by the way, it doesn't seem to happen in firefox.

Here's a sample screenshot of what I mean. I clicked on a blue "click here" in a thread in Speakers Corner. click here

MAJ 12:57 04 Feb 2010

Sorry, that should read IE8 not IE6.

MAJ 13:00 04 Feb 2010

.... it does also happen in FF, it just happens faster.

Sea Urchin 13:05 04 Feb 2010

There has been at least one other thread about this (can't find it at the moment) and I think it's one of the "improvements" recently instigated by PCA. It does appear to only happen on IE (I'm on IE7) and not other browsers. And yes, it does delay transfer to the link.

Sea Urchin 13:06 04 Feb 2010

Didn't spot it - too fast for me :@)

birdface 13:15 04 Feb 2010

All PCA pages use that.maybe your computer is so quick you do not see it.
Not unless PCA has changed it recently

birdface 13:19 04 Feb 2010

Oops looks like PCA might not use it anymore.I cannot spot it in the address bar any more.

birdface 13:28 04 Feb 2010

From an older thread.
click here
But like I said in it I noticed it about a month before.
I only get it now with some click here's but maybe I have stopped it with other programs that I have installed.

MAJ 15:29 04 Feb 2010

Thanks guys, at least I'm not going nuts. I suppose if it's to create revenue for the site, it's not all that bad, I can put up with it. At least it's not as bad as the jumping ticker a few weeks back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone