Redirect Loop

vs6gyrob 21:05 21 Jan 2009

Hi all,On my friend's computer (Vista ) when he switches ON using Firefox ,he gets a 'panel' saying 'Redirect Loop. redirection limit for this URL exceeded.Unable to load the requested page. the browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item'the site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete'.. He has already checked possible disabled/blocked cookies, but the 'panel reappears each time. Needless to say, its driving him up the wall.. Appreciate any help. Many thanks

MAJ 21:13 21 Jan 2009

Try changing Firefox's homepage.

woodchip 21:25 21 Jan 2009

He may have malaware on is computer, or is Browser as been Highjacked

vs6gyrob 21:47 21 Jan 2009

Thanks MAJ for the prompt reply. Will pass on your suggestion. Would mention that today he (my friend) downloaded FireFox 3.05 dont as yet know any more details .Thanks agn

vs6gyrob 21:55 21 Jan 2009

Thanks woodchip for your response,funny enough that was his first reaction, malware, but having done a thorough check, everything seems ok on that score.
Also did a check on FireFox 'Help' ,but he,rather like me, does not quite understand most of the jargon regarding this ' Direct Loop' business ..Thanks anyway vs6gyrob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?