Redcording from FreeSat with externasl HDD

wescliff 14:40 15 Jan 2014

Have a Humax HB1000S which allows recording when plugging in an external hard drive. As the three I have are very high capacity I am reluctant to commit one to this. But I do have two 16Gb Sandisk memory sticks. Just wondered if these would do the job. The capacity is more than enough for my needs. Grateful for any advice.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:59 15 Jan 2014

None of the reviews mention a stick all say hard drive

All say stick to view photos /media etc.

Just plug it in and try it

I have a Humax freview box not tried recording to stick but can copy files to stick from internal drive

BRYNIT 16:35 15 Jan 2014

I haven't read the instruction manual so cannot be sure if the 16gb USB flash drive would work even if it does you will not be able to record many programs on it.

If the Humax uses the HD similar to my Smart TV it will format the drive/partition that you sellect for the recordings. I would create a partition of about 100gb on one of your external drives just for recordings the other partition can be used as before.

wescliff 22:22 15 Jan 2014

Thanks for the input, I've been on to Humax who tell me the drive needs to be at least 40Gb. It also doubles as the buffer for pause and rewind. It will also be impossible to reuse it on a pc after pairing with the freesat. So will have to source a smaller drive.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?