Red X Again!

shingar 23:25 18 Mar 2006

The images on my web pages are showing a red x. I had this problem before and I was able to reinstall the os and IE which solved the problem. This time it has not. My os is Windows ME. I think this happened because my computer dedected a virus which was Trojan Horse Downloader but I was able to get rid of that. Can anyone suggest whats wrong?

rdave13 23:35 18 Mar 2006

Try IE >tools >programs >reset web settings and tick IE should check to see whether it is the default browser.

shingar 00:13 19 Mar 2006

thanks for the advice but this hasn't worked.

rdave13 00:18 19 Mar 2006

Try a reeboot.

Madronwell 00:23 19 Mar 2006

Hi

I'm having a similar problem but only one site in particular is effected, yet I can access this same site on my laptop with no problems! I have XP, service pack 2, Internet Explorer 6. I have reset web settings, cleared the cache and still having the same problem. I don't have any problems with any other site. I even resorted to clean re-install of my pc but to no avail. Any ideas would be much appreciated as it's starting to baffle me big time now! I have tried viewing this site on Opera and marginally better! If I need to uninstall Internet Explorer, please can someone let me know how I do it as there is nothing in my add/remove programs option in Control Panel.

Cheers

Aimi

rdave13 00:28 19 Mar 2006
  Madronwell 00:35 19 Mar 2006

Cheers mate; shall give that a go.
Just one more question - it says that I need Windows XP CD-rom available which I don't have; I only have my recovery disk which came with my pc. Any ideas what I can do?

rdave13 00:40 19 Mar 2006

Try the second method. Believe xp disk not needed.

shingar 00:41 19 Mar 2006

Reboot doesn't do the job either.

Madronwell 00:42 19 Mar 2006

Ok mate, shall try that; thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Madronwell 00:51 19 Mar 2006

Hi Dave

Just tried the second option and received the following message - 'IEXPLORE.EXE' on Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM is needed. Type the file path where the file is located, and click ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?