Red ink on printer

alexgray104 16:59 12 Aug 2005

I think the magenta nozzle on my Epson Stylus C66 printer. It never even prints out red let alone red with lines etc. The red comes out as a white space. I have done all the maintenance programs on screen and then manually cleaning all the heads with kitchen paper. I always use genuine cartridges. What do you think? Any help much appreciated. :)

ACOLYTE 17:13 12 Aug 2005

click here has a good utility for epson printers,its way better than the standard epsom checks,you can clean heads any you like or all of them and check the % of ink left.

jack 17:51 12 Aug 2005

Epson print heads work on the piezo principle
That is on command ,an electric current sqeezes the print head which is a type of crystal - so it can fail.

How ever the download utility will clean if it can.
Failing that try the following
Remove the cartrige and with a syringe if you have one or a drinking straw, if not introduce some distilled water with a dash[10%] of vodka or other clear spirit. and suck it back and forth
If it is a dried ink problem this should clear it.
For further use take an old cartrdge ,pierce the refill holes ad flush through with distilled water and then refill with a solution as above- you will then have a head clean cartridge.

ACOLYTE 17:56 12 Aug 2005

Would be nice to know what you did so other users have a search reference))).

jack 19:59 12 Aug 2005

In my contribution I negleted to say where you place the syringe/straw - It of course placed on the ink 'spigot' the spike in the base of the cartridge chamber.

Did you tick this as solved or failed?
As with Acolyte, it is good know for future reference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone