Recovery of unread emails

allang 12:23 31 Mar 2011

Win7, windows live mail.

I was deleting a load of rubbish from the rss section of mail and I appear to have deleted all my unread emails!! I have found a folder called BACKUP. Inside is a folder called NEW with todays date. Inside NEW is edbxxxxx with no previous version,mail.msmessagestore & mail.pat with previous versions created with a restore point. If I restore these files will I get back my unread emails? Any help would be appreciated please. Many thanx in advance.

AroundAgain 12:49 31 Mar 2011

Have you looked on your web mail site. Unless IMAP, they should still be there

Woolwell 12:59 31 Mar 2011

Have you looked in the deleted folder?

I'm afraid that AroundAgain is likely to be wrong. For a POP account unless you have ticked the box for e-mails to remain on the server then they will have been downloaded and will be not available by webmail. IMAP does keep the e-mails on the server and they will be there. But look anyway.

allang 14:00 31 Mar 2011

Checked webmail accounts. Downloaded emails only kept on server for 5 days. Can´see a deleted folder.I can see my email account folders in Win Live Mail. Each one has folders for Del Items,Drafts,Inbox,Junk & Sent items.Each has a previous version under properties. My Question is do I restore the whole account folder or individual folders? Anyone ever used Previous Versions in win7?

allang 14:47 31 Mar 2011

I´ve just realised that I aint lost my emails. Somehow I must have managed to Mark Them All As Read. Please forgive an old idiot !! Sorry.

Woolwell 14:50 31 Mar 2011

All done something similar - not too worry. Glad they're found.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?