Recovery disk for Sony Vaio VGN-FS315S?

ClareD 00:37 08 Jan 2011

I've lost the recovery disks I made when I bought my laptop. I only realised this after I did a complete reformat with windows XP Pro with service pack 1 after a virus infection. Laptop runs vv slowly now, has no sound and takes ages to boot up. Also it won't download windows service pack 2. I contacted Sony service centre and they said the recovery disk would cost £90 which I just can't afford. I've tried downloading individual drivers but that was a nightmare as the available drivers were not compatible. Can anyone help? I would be happy to pay a reasonable amount.

lotvic 01:58 08 Jan 2011

With luck, You should still have the recovery partition on your laptop click here try rebooting the laptop and tapping the F10 key (or on some it is the F9) and a menu will come up that will allow you to Choose Restore C: Drive and click Start

That will take it back to Factory Fresh (and you will be able to burn new recovery cd's to use in case of harddrive failure)

ClareD 12:55 08 Jan 2011

Thanks lotvic for your speedy reply, I did try what you suggested but unfortunately I think the restore partition must have been deleted when I reformatted the hard drive. Any thing else you can think of?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?