Recovery console password

The GnoMe 17:31 21 May 2005

Hi all i run xp home with a set of recovery disks on my toshiba a40 laptop. i messed up my master boot record when installing linux, i have now removed linux and wnat to repair my mbr. i borrowed a friends full version of xp just to use the recovery console to do fixmbr. but it asks me for the admin password, i put in my password on my account that i always use and it says password invalid. were do i get the admin password and why is it not the same as the one for my account

please help me
Ryan

VoG II 17:34 21 May 2005
  Eric10 17:50 21 May 2005

You say that it is XP Home. It is quite usual for XP Home's password to be left blank. Have you tried not entering a password and just pressing the Enter key?

woodchip 17:58 21 May 2005

Just type Administrator

The GnoMe 20:28 21 May 2005

hi well the two password suggestions did not work so ill try the link, meanwhile anyone else with any ideas please do post

ill keep you posted
Ryan

The GnoMe 20:31 21 May 2005

just looked at the link and i dont think you understand what i mean. it is not to gain access to my account or the administrators account on xp but to gain access so i can use the recovery console. is that password a different one? or is there another way of re setting the master boot record

The GnoMe 20:53 21 May 2005

stupid stupid me, dont laugh, i left caps lock on!!!! thanks for your help anyway ha ha ha sorry to waste your time.

xx

woodchip 20:59 21 May 2005

You need to download the boot CD creater on Vog's link Read it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017