recovery CD not working

Rustyremi 07:42 04 Apr 2007

Help my Acer Aspire 1680 was hanging up on IE& and Outlook Express. I had just tried to use a new sandisk micro 4 but it would not load, it seemed to be the cause of the computer hanging up as all the problems started once I tried to use it, maybe due to the U3 software that came installed on the memory stick. To cut a long story short, I decided to use the recovery disk and hopefull reset my note book back to the way it was when I bought it and get rid of all the trash I had installed on it during the last two years. My note book will not boot from the hard drive or manufactures recovery CD's. All I can do is enter the BIOS system. any Ideas?

Ho-Lin-Sok 09:43 04 Apr 2007

Can you set the first boot device to the CD ROM drive in the BIOS.

Terry Brown 13:41 04 Apr 2007

Download the program Cdcheck click here and run the recovery section. It may be able to recover your CD (or DVD) to hard drive, from there you can burn a new copy
Terry

Terry Brown 13:42 04 Apr 2007

Download the program Cdcheck click here and run the recovery section. It may be able to recover your CD (or DVD) to hard drive, from there you can burn a new copy
Terry

Rustyremi 07:21 05 Apr 2007

Sorry I did not get time to reply yesterday. I can select the CD drive as the primary boot without any problem. The Cd appears to be okay as I can read the folders using the CD on my desk top. The recovery CD is in mint condition and only been taken out of the packet for the first time. The CD drive on the note book only runs for a few seconds then stops. Would it work if I copied the Cds to a flash drive and tried to boot drom it. Both CDs contain sytem files and have about 1.3 Gb of folders and files installed on them

Terry Brown 10:17 05 Apr 2007

Give it a try, what do you have to lose ?
Terry

Rustyremi 10:38 05 Apr 2007

Hi Terry,
The cd starts to boot and installs Win 98 cd driver then install MS-RAMDRIVE on Direcory of D.
The C drive just keeps coming up with Invalid media type reading drive C. Options = Abort, Retry, Fail.
Drive D has 4 exe files and 1 command.
Executable files are Restore, Reboot,Gdisk, Smartdrv. They all open. I do not seem to be able to get into C:drive any suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?