Recovering files of removable media

Nappy1610 11:37 17 Dec 2003

Help!! ive got an external hard disk which i have just deleted some files that i now urgently need from!! Is there anyway i could possibly unerase these files??

Thanks for any help

Diodorus Siculus 11:48 17 Dec 2003

Depends on how you deleted them. If only by emptying the recycle bin, then Restoration should do it:
click here

Gemma 12:59 17 Dec 2003

as the more you use it the worse things get. If your files are in the recycle folder then a "right click -restore" will do it.
If they're not or the files were deleted by a program then Diodorus Siculus link looks worth a go. If the above does not work then you will need some serious data recovery software.

I have had results with GetDataBack click here on a very "distressed" drive. Before you buy recovery software phone the support people and describe your exact set-up. I advise this because some of the applications use low level drivers and the fact that your drive is external may matter.

Jester2K II 13:05 17 Dec 2003

Restoration is very good for this. Used it last week to recover from a deleted floppy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?