recovering the files from my HDD

raindancerob 07:09 13 Apr 2008

i formated my HDD which had windows on it & somehow its formatted both drives & installed new files on both drives. anyways is there anyway that i can recover all of my files on my hard drive (which i dont use for windows) as iv lost everything on both drives. as it stands iv tried about five programs & not just do they take forever i then find out that they could only recover the windows files on my storage HDD (which the new install put there), not my music & photos etc. is there owt that i can do or is it better to just forget about getting the files back ie any software that accually works ?

thanks in advance.

Technotiger 07:44 13 Apr 2008

It might help to say which programs you have tried, otherwise someone may possibly suggest a program you have already tried.

raindancerob 07:46 13 Apr 2008

power data recovery
paretologic dat recovery
nucleaus kernel

Technotiger 07:53 13 Apr 2008

Media Recover4 - try the Free trial ... click here

I bought the full version, it is grreat ...

raindancerob 07:55 13 Apr 2008

ok will do thanks mate lets hope that it works :o)

howard64 13:00 13 Apr 2008

I use EASEUS date recovery Products Free Download you use the free trial to see if it can see your files if it does you pay for the full version about £15 to recover them. I have used it twice and recovered everything.

raindancerob 18:30 13 Apr 2008

thanks for the info mate ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017