Recover files from CD-R ~ pen Ink print-thru

Danoh 11:30 08 Feb 2005

I've a CD-R sent from abroad with pics but the ink of the pen (biro?) has reacted with the plastic and can visually be seen to have affected many parts of the CD-R recorded data layer on the back.

I have managed to get some folders copied out, intact. Is there an easy way to get individual pic files out without freezing the PC everytime I hit a file which can not be read?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

TomJerry 11:44 08 Feb 2005

actually, multiple copies of files are written on CD for error correction purpose. So, a part damage does not mean the data on the part lost becuase the same date may saved on different locations on CD.

isobuster can be download here click here

CD X Rescue produced by 321 studio which gone bust, but the program was on PCA cover disks a few moons ago, you may find a copy if anyone keep all PCA cover CDs

Danoh 13:19 08 Feb 2005

Many thanks TomJerry (again! :-)

I'll download isobuster and give the free functionality a spin. Would appreciate a copy of CD X Rescue emailed to me if anyone has a copy of that (can't locate it in Downloads).

Will post back with what I've managed to do.

P/S Running Windows XP home.

Danoh 23:40 08 Feb 2005

Got it working with Isobuster ~ very long wait though when it tries to read from the bad sectors...

The sender writes large so the damage is extensive!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?