recover email photos

premier man 17:11 24 Apr 2009

I am with BT Yahoo Mail and I was sent some photos as an attachment on an email,by mistake I deleted them about 2 weeks ago
I have been unable to find them,
Apart from asking them to send them again has anyone else had this problem, if so how did they find them?
Gordie

Diemmess 17:20 24 Apr 2009

Presumably you have deleted the email/s which had the photo/s attached.

If you didn't download the attachment to a folder on your HD, then I'm afraid they are truly gone by now.
Apart from asking for a repeat!

Technotiger 17:22 24 Apr 2009

It might be possible to recover them from your hard drive using this small program, this link gives you a direct download. Any images recovered will be saved in Start>All Programs>Digital Image Recovery folder.

click here

You do not need to run the program long enough to cover your whole hard drive, otherwise it will 'find' hundreds of images in addition to the photos, you can stop it running after a minute or two, during which time it may have found your photos.

Good luck.

premier man 17:27 24 Apr 2009

Diemmess
yes unfortunately I did delete the email witout saving,but when I opened them in the first place without saving would they still be on the H/D somewhere,?
gordie

premier man 17:30 24 Apr 2009

Technotiger
I will try that thanks
gordie

Diemmess 20:09 24 Apr 2009

If you can remember even a part of a photo name, Search might find it somewhere on should find it in C:
"My recent documents", or "my pictures" would have had a link to the attachment but after a relatively short period they will disappear.

It always hurts to make a mistake like this, but at least give Technotiger's idea a whirl.

johnnyrocker 20:12 24 Apr 2009

does your mail not have a deleted folder?

johnny

premier man 09:55 25 Apr 2009

Diemmess
thanks,tried search,no joy

johnnyrocker
sorry nothing in the deleted file

Technotiger
at the moment not much luck
gordie

Diemmess 14:57 25 Apr 2009

I'm relatively new to BT Yahoo Mail having migrated from AOL a couple of months ago.

I have looked in my "Trash" and there's nothing there more than a day old (since I dumped it).

Sorry

D

Stuartli 15:11 25 Apr 2009

Download and run OEView from:

click here

You will be able to find any .dbx files on your system and, if discovered, can Save them.

Stuartli 15:12 25 Apr 2009

You can also find .dbx files from Start>Search>All Files and Folders>type in .dbx into the search box.

Much easier to Save such files though using OEView.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?