Recording from vinyl onto pc

herman1rg 15:23 22 Mar 2004

Right I have now installed a second hard drive and also a creative soundblaster live! 5.1 digtal soundcard.
I now want to transfer music from my turntable vinyl racords onto my slave HDD what connections do I need to make and do I need any extra software?

beeuuem 15:41 22 Mar 2004
  pj123 15:59 22 Mar 2004

There have been so many threads on this subject that I am surprised you haven't done a search. beeuuem has pointed you to five of them. Basically you need a cable to connect your record player or hi-fi system to the "line in" on your sound card. I use the "headphone" socket from my hi-fi to the "line in" socket on my sound card. You now need some software to do the recording, I use LP Recorder and LP Ripper from click here LP Recorder will record the whole LP as one .wav file and LP Ripper will split it back into separate tracks again. If you are not bothered about separate tracks you could download JetAudio (free) from click here this will record your LPs as one long track which you can then burn to CD.

Diemmess 16:02 22 Mar 2004

There are so many ways to do this so I mention only my way.

Download a free audio recording editor - "Audacity"........ then play the LP track, recording through "Audacity" as a .wav file and name this into a folder on your HD.

Finally burn your CD of the selected tracks from the HD.

Audacity will give you a strobe like image of both stereo tracks, checking the volume and allowing deletion of a single needle click to a whole track, plus lots of other fiddly things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?