Recording using TV Stick

Ade_1 18:44 15 Jul 2006

Hi, i have as Freemcom DVB-T stick. I want to be able to record someone im watching on my computer and play it back. It used to work fine as i could play it back in WMP. However, since i installed the Freecom DVB-T stick on my laptop it isnt working like it used to on my desktop. Now, when i record it will only let me play it back in DVB-T player and not WMP. If i attempt to play it in WMP then all that happens is a 2 second video, if that of just blankness. It actually appears as 0 seconds but the playing bar hurries along the bottom.

I was wondering if i had to configure or do something to allow it to play in WMP like it used to on my Desktop.

Thanks in advance
Aidan

sean-278262 19:18 15 Jul 2006

Check what the output file type is sounds like you may have set it to output a file type WMP has problems reading. Alternatively try another player. VLC is a good alternative and has more options than WMP and if VLC wont play it then there is likely to be a problem with the file.

a

Stuartli 19:31 15 Jul 2006

You may need to install MPEG2 video codecs - my Twinhan DTB-ter D+A PCI TV card records in MPG2 video.

If you download the K-lite standard audio and visual codecs pack it will serve the vast bulk of such requirements. See:

click here

Ade_1 20:12 15 Jul 2006

Creature - VLC plays it but has no sound.
Stuartli, i am package now and hopefully that will play it...

Ade_1 20:12 15 Jul 2006

Creature - VLC plays it but has no sound.
Stuartli, i am downloading the standard package now and hopefully that will play it...

Ade_1 20:28 15 Jul 2006

Unfortunately it is not playing the file i recorded... this is with the K-Lite package.

Thanks anyway :)

Stuartli 20:39 15 Jul 2006

Have you Enabled all the File Types in WMP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?