Recording TV Programs from Hard Drive to DVD

Woodmouse 18 10:19 09 May 2007

Windows XP Home 1.0Gb Ram Sapphire Radeon 9600. I record TV programs to my hard drive as an MPG file of about 2GB. Using ULead Video Studio 10 to compress the file and render, I end up with the program on a DVD which can be a long as 1hr 40min. However, more often than not, after about 1hr 20min, the sync between the action and the sound drops out to about 5 seconds. Has anyone any idea what is happening please, and could there be a solution.

David4637 16:19 09 May 2007

I have a similar prob when using Pinnacle Studio V943 - RAM 512MB, after about an hour of video I get what they call Lip Sync - that is video out of sync with the audio. I would also like to know how to cure it. Any help also much appreciated. Thanks David

Woodmouse 18 13:37 11 May 2007

I have posted this problem on another forum (Computer Active) and have had the following response . . . You need to estabilish if the sync problem is in the tv signal ( which it usually is)or the transfer with ulead . I use videoredo which also incorporates a manual adjustment if the sync is out .You can download a free trial and check if that does it ok. So try VideoReDo - just type it in the search box and look at the reviews of the software. I will try it out and see if it can solve the problem of lip-sync.

David4637 14:54 11 May 2007

How do you alter lip sync if it is not constant factor. I would very much appreciate you letting me know if you find out what was the cause of your lip sync?
Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone