Recording PS2 footage via PS2 to USB adapter

DesocratorGaming 20:50 26 Mar 2015

So back in December I brought a Toshiba Satellite C50-B-14D Laptop and I recently started a YouTube channel. I have so far done games I downloaded from steam (free ones because I cant buy new games atm), however I want to broaden my range. What I want to do is film PS2 footage.

I would like to know weather or not if I buy a adapter (PS2 to USB) will it show up on my laptop screen and also can I record it using Fraps (I understand this may not be the best place for this part).

I don't want to use an emulator for the following reasons: -I want to use a PS2 controller as that is what im used to. -I don't want to use BIOS files as they can be illegal -My laptop never came with an optical disk drive (which annoyed me because I thought it did, it wasn't an option when buying but there is a slot for it.

I don't want to use a capture card as they can be expensive and PS2 to USB wires are available for around £4.

DesocratorGaming 20:58 26 Mar 2015

A few corrections: -when I say PS2 to USB I mean A/V to USB. -when I say PS2 I mean PlayStation 2 (I should not need to say that but im doing it in case. -£4 is actually £8 as I was looking at PS2 to USB not A/V to USB

wee eddie 22:28 26 Mar 2015

I find your worrying about BIOS files being illegal fascinating as you appear to have no qualms about ripping off the guys that made the games

tullie 22:59 26 Mar 2015

Dident he mention free games?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?