Recording ITV,CH4,CH5

allang 10:49 15 Feb 2011

I live abroad and would like to record from the above channels. I have a vpn account that gives me a UK IP address. Quite often my download speed drops and I end up watching progs that keep buffering and stuttering. I´m ok with BBC IPlayer ´cos you can download progs to watch later. Is there any way to record from the above channels and remove any buffering/stuttering that occurs? I´ve checked the helproom for old threads but can´t find any that are relevant.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

john bunyan 11:27 15 Feb 2011

If you have any relatives with a PC in the UK, I believe that a "Slingbox" might do what you want but I do not know the exact way it works - maybe worth a "Google"

Chris_Byers 14:29 15 Feb 2011

What country are you living/working in, as not all connections back to the UK from some countries are as good as others, particularly from the Australia/NZ region.

allang 15:02 15 Feb 2011

I live in Spain where the download speed of my adsl link varies. I have a 3meg line. Speed varies anywhere between 200k and over 2meg.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:11 15 Feb 2011

ITV,CH4,CH5
All these channels have there own version of the BBCiplayer

ITV click here
CH4 click here
CH5 click here

allang 16:39 15 Feb 2011

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately these sites don´t have the facility to download and watch later , unlike BBC. My download speed is not constant hence the need to be able to save progs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:49 15 Feb 2011

MAybe click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?