Recording from iplayer to usb stick

bumpkin 14:42 01 Feb 2014
Answered

Hi everyone, can I record from iplayer on my Pc to a usb stick and play it back on a TV with a USB port. If so what is the best way to do it and the best format to use.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:46 01 Feb 2014

Not everything - the data is streamed to the PC using Iplayer and may contain DRM you can download some BBC content and replay it with in a certain time period.

Non DRM content may be recorded click here

bumpkin 14:58 01 Feb 2014
Answer

That was quick, thanks for the link.

bumpkin 16:25 01 Feb 2014

I have now downloaded and installed the BBC iplayer software. When I run it, it directs me to the iplayer site as so far I have not downloaded anything to watch. When I chose a program and press download it opens a tab (bbc_ipc:do) then continues to open it again and again before I can do anything. I clicked the close X and it said "you are about to close 272 tabs". Tried a few times.

lotvic 17:22 01 Feb 2014

When I click on 'download' it starts the download, and shows the progress in the installed BBC iplayer software so don't know why yours doesn't. Perhaps if you click on the 'Settings' at bottom right in the BBC iplayer software it might give some clues?

Which webpage for iplayer are you choosing the programs from?

I'm finding it very confusing to find where it will give me a choice to browse of all progs that are available for download - seems to want to only show me what it 'thinks' I might want- Featured, Most Popular, For You.

bumpkin 17:44 01 Feb 2014

Lazarus, thanks, tried that but still doing the same, just opening tabs repeatedly without actually getting anywhere, maybe my system?

bumpkin 18:22 01 Feb 2014

lotvic, I use the normal BBC site click here You can view all the programs using the A-Z index. I thought that all of the programs in the index were downloadable not that I have managed to download anything yet just keep opening more and more tabs. I am going to try it on another PC.

lotvic 18:50 01 Feb 2014

"A-Z index. I thought that all of the programs in the index were downloadable"

So did I, but it seems not. Some have the download link and others don't - I wanted to download film 'Little Voice' but there is no download link to click on :(

lotvic 19:03 01 Feb 2014

I found my answer in Help FAQ: "Sometimes we cannot acquire the rights to allow a programme to be downloaded. Sports programmes and films are most likely to be streaming only"

I don't think you will be able to record from iplayer on Pc to a usb stick and play it back on a TV with a USB port as it is encrypted and you need the iPlayer software to play it.

bumpkin 19:40 01 Feb 2014

"I don't think you will be able to record from iplayer on Pc to a usb stick and play it back on a TV with a USB port as it is encrypted and you need the iPlayer software to play it."

I am certain I can't if I cant't even get it to work on 2 different PCs that do have tbe software, Lookimg at a different approach now, WiFi to a tablet hdmi to the tele. Not tried it yet, any views?

bumpkin 19:43 01 Feb 2014

tbe=the

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?