Recording from a DigiBox

Flopper 23:33 03 Jan 2006

I appreciate it is not a PC topic but I assumed that some bright spark amongst you can point me in the right direction.
I got a Philips 'Freeview' digital set top box from Santa which works fine but I cannot record onto video any programmes viewed thru' the Digibox. The TV, DVD player and the video are all 'cabled up' correctly as far as I can see, the Digibox and the DVD player seeming to want to share the same AVI socket on the TV or the picture on both suffers, so I use a switch which flicks between the DVD, and the TV when viewing via the Digibox. When I use the Digibox remote control to set a programme to record using the menu on the Digibox to tape onto the video the Digibox screen pops up (on the TV) to state that the programme is recording but there is no discernible recording activity on the video.
Am I missing something obvious, and did I explain it clearly?

Totally-braindead 23:40 03 Jan 2006

Mine is setup like this, TV aerial goes to digibox first then out from there to the video then from the video to the TV. My dvd player is linked by a SCART lead only and when it is switched on overides the TV so you can watch DVDs, while doing this I can record either 1,2,3,4 or 5. The only thing I had to do was tune channel 5 on the video in to the digibox. So if I want to record the digibox I switch it on to whatever I wish and then setup the video to record channel 5. And you're right not even close to being a PC topic.

Skills 23:41 03 Jan 2006

To record from the freeview box to the video the scarts should be wired as scart out from the freeview box into scart in on the video player.

Then when you wish to record from the freeview box set the freeview box to the required channel and then on your video you need to change the record source to the line in on your video player and then hit record on the video player or set up the timer on the video player.

Just setting the timer function on the freeview box wont record it to the video player it just switches the freeview box to the channel of your choice at the time you set and then switches it off after the alloted time.

Hope that makes sense and is of soome help.

Flopper 23:44 03 Jan 2006

Thanx.I will give it all a try.
....and you're right not even close to being a PC topic.....I know, I am thoroughly ashamed of myself, can you find it in your collective hearts to forgive me?..

Stuartli 23:52 03 Jan 2006

My Mitsubishi H58 Nicam VCR is 13 years old and I use one of the two satellite channels to record from my Freeview set top box (they are labelled L1 and L2).

Totally-braindead 23:53 03 Jan 2006

Obviously everyone can find it in their hearts to forgive you as they are all posting advice!

DieSse 00:50 04 Jan 2006

Although this is really what the Digital World forum is often used for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?