blowworm 21:22 24 Sep 2004

Has anyone any idea how to do this? As windows sound recorder only seems to record short snippets of about 75seconds.

Any free recording programes I can download?

So basically I need to copy from my cassete deck to hdd.

Be grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance.

  Diodorus Siculus 21:24 24 Sep 2004

Try audacity

  tony-guitar 23:14 24 Sep 2004

If you have a 'Creative' soundcard it should have a 'recorder' If not, their 'Creative Live 5.1' is less than £30 and comes with a recorder with a 'line-in' facility (which is what you need) and works well

  tony-guitar 23:19 24 Sep 2004

ps, you still need something like 'Nero'to actually burn the discs

  david4637 13:56 25 Sep 2004

I have just done one audio casstte to CD, brilliant, you could not tell the difference. Used my sound card input from the line out of the cassette player using Nero 5 Wave editor to record to HD. Saved the Wave Editor tracks as individual files on the HD. Burn to CD using Nero5. There is a Wave Editor PDF on Nero Site which gives info on this. David

  Bewlay51 15:35 25 Sep 2004

Hi, hope this is of some help. I used a freeware program called Audiograbber (all one word). Does a good job, simply feed the audio in from the player to the line in on the sound card, run the program and off you go. Saves in mp3, but you may need extra software if you need to edit the track. Good luck


  pj123 16:58 25 Sep 2004

The two programmes I use to do this job are LP Recorder and LP Ripper. LP Recorder will record the whole cassette as one long .wav file and LP Ripper will split it back into separate tracks again. Both can be got from click here There is a free trial you can download but it will only record the first 4 minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?