Recording audio onto PC?

Happy37 19:37 19 Aug 2007

Hi all

I would like to able to find out if it is at possible for me to record a streaming audio broadcast onto my PC and then save it so that I can listen to it later at my own leisure?

How do I go about doing it and what will equipment will I need to do so?

All resposes gratefully received.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

octal 19:39 19 Aug 2007

Audacity will record it for you.

click here

Happy37 19:41 19 Aug 2007

Hi octal

How do I go about doing so - can I connect a microphone to my sound card's line-in socket and record it that way?

Please let me know.

Regards

octal 19:46 19 Aug 2007

What Audacity does is record anything that comes out of the sound card, so your original question about recording streaming audio, if you can hear it coming out of the speaker, it will record it.

Happy37 19:51 19 Aug 2007

Marg7

Thanks for your response - I have just tried that and it works - so to record, I don't need to plug the mic into the socket, is that right?

I just select 'stereo mixer' on the menu, yet where will the sound be recorded from?

Does the soundcard pick up the sound, or does Audacity just rwcord from the speakers?

Please let me know.

Regards

octal 19:56 19 Aug 2007

No you don't need the mic plugged in.

it records the signal at low level well before the speakers, so you can turn the speakers off if you want and it will still record.

Happy37 19:59 19 Aug 2007

Hi all

Thanks to all those that replied - all your help and advice has worked a treat!!!

Keep up the good work...

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?