Recording Audio

cherria 15:35 28 Jan 2003

I know there was a post on this a week or so ago but I tried searching with various key words and could not find anything (I don't want to start the how do I search discussion again)

There was a post that identified a piece of software that would record anything going through your sound card to MP3 format (or some other format)

So if I had an online radio station such as CapitalFM.com which did not play through windows media player or the like I could still record it.

Can anybody point me in the right direction.

Also what I want to do is:

At 6.30 taskmanager fires up capitalfm.com and starts recording to MP3.

At 7.20 when I'm ready to leave for work, I download the file the MP3 player and listen to it on my way to work on the tube.

Does this sound do-able?

Cordy13 15:40 28 Jan 2003

You could play around with this click here

Wes Tam ;-) 16:59 28 Jan 2003

If you have Creative on your PC you can use the Creative Recorder.

Highlight the triangle top left corner and select 'What U Hear' and then you can record radio music.

Can't help with the 2nd question, sorry.

Lú-tzé 17:26 28 Jan 2003

Total Recorder is probably the best I have seen - about US$30.

€dstow 18:30 28 Jan 2003

I always use Creative Recorder. It's very easy to use and if you want to convert to MP3 then a converter is built into Creative Playcenter.

My collection of classic comedy from BBC7 is coming on nicely through that.

Before anyone mentions copyright, the BBC are quite happy for people to record anything from their output provided it is for your own private use. Some of us have that in writing from the BBC itself.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?