Reconnecting old Win 95 PC to mp3 files

Decco 09:41 02 Oct 2005

Hi,

I have an MP3 and want to transfer MP3files from an old WIN 95 PC that is lying around the place. I have a newer PC I bought last year. Old PC does not have USB OR CD drive. How can I transfer the files?

Decco

Monoux 09:47 02 Oct 2005

May be possible to take the hard drive out of the old machine and put it as a slave in new machine. You should then be able to copy your MP3 files ( and any others you might want ) from the old drive to the new. Notbsure if file systems would be compatable you may need to wait for someone more knowledgable than me to respond

mattyc_92 09:47 02 Oct 2005

Compress using something like "7-Zip" (click here) and use the "spanning" option to copy to multiple Floppy Disks.

Or you could just remove the Hard-Disc from teh Win95 system and put it your new system (as slave) and copy directly.

mattyc_92 09:48 02 Oct 2005

I am guessing that the "system format" for the Win95 system is FAT32. If that is so, ALL (as I know of) Windows Operating systems since Win95 is compatible with this file structure.

MAJ 09:49 02 Oct 2005

Take the hard drive out of the old 95 computer and install it in the new computer as a Slave, you can then drag and drop the MP3 files to your new drive or transfer them to your MP3 player as you usually do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires