Recommended Sreen Capture Program

Pesala 22:44 28 Aug 2006

Today I came across this nice piece of freeware recommended by someone on the Open Office Writer forum. I was so impressed with it that I took the trouble to wrote a review:

Gadwin Printscreen: click here

No doublt there are lots of similar products, or some that are better, but this one is just about perfect for my needs.

woodchip 23:08 28 Aug 2006

PrintScreen key it's free

ade.h 23:13 28 Aug 2006

It does seem to be a solution looking for a problem. I was interested initially as I thought you might be talking about a screen video capture program. I currently use Windows Media Encoder to make video clip tutorials but I'm looking for something that gives better quality.

Pesala 23:13 28 Aug 2006

Well thanks for that bright remark.

So too is Gadwin Prinscreen.

ade.h 23:17 28 Aug 2006

Sorry, we're not knocking you, Pesala. If it has a benefit for you, then it has a worth too. It's just that it doesn't seem to save much effort over the usual paste-into-Paint method.

woodchip 23:30 28 Aug 2006

Talking of Screen capture, I used to use one. But cannot remember, You have started the old noggin churning. I could drag the size like to crop a part of the screen it was very handy and may just have a go at finding it among all those stored CD's

sean-278262 23:35 28 Aug 2006

Wisdomsoft auto screen recorder/capture is what I bet you are talking about and I think it is great myself.

Pesala 23:42 28 Aug 2006

It offers a lot more control than Printscreen, it is also free, and uses the same convenient shortcut key. Windows Paint is a very limited porgram, and you have to launch it and paste the clipboard contents into it. Gadwin Printscreen doesn't overwrite the clipboard either unless you ask it to.

It sends the screen capture directly to any Graphics program of your choice, or to a DTP program or Wordprocessor if you wish. If you were writing a manual or review in Open Office about using another program, you could capture screenshots from that progam and paste them directly into Open Office.

Irfan View's screen capture is a bit limited as it lacks Capture Selected Area. It takes a few extra steps to add a drop-shadow. It can also save screenshots to disk in numerous formats.

woodchip 23:43 28 Aug 2006

No Idea It does not ring a bell. But I could go into Win Explorer and just drag over a list of files and save, I am thinking on the lines off a old TV card that I used to use I think it was software in that, that allowed me to do the above

woodchip 23:49 28 Aug 2006

I think my Corel WordPerfect 8 suite also as a Clipbook that I have never used. So you can capture several bit's and then open like a book and paste what you want.

woodchip 23:54 28 Aug 2006

I think my Corel WordPerfect 8 suite also as a Clipbook that I have never used. So you can capture several bit's and then open like a book and paste what you want.

Micrografex Picture Publisher 8 that I use, also as a Cipboard Browser. To do as above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?