Recommendations Ext. DVD-writer & Ext. HD

GroupFC 15:34 29 Dec 2004

I have posted this in ConsumerWatch – but have not had much response! I thought therefore that I would try here, as each forum seems to attract different contributors (I myself rarely visit the consumerWatch forum!) and I might get more replies.

I need some advice - Santa didn't bring what I wanted so I'm going to have to treat myself!

I want to get an external DVD-writer and an external HD (firewire and/or USB 2.0). I have been looking on as many sites as I can find but I just end up very confused (no change there then!!) - so I thought I would seek advice here!

Does anybody have any advice and/or recommendations for me for a total budget of £200- £250?

Whilst your at it, "she who must be obeyed" was also not very happy with Santa (there must be a moral there somewhere!). Does anybody have any comments or advice for a DVD recorder/VCR combi as I expect that if I get what I want she will have to, too!

As usual, all advice and comments will be very much appreciated. TIA

GroupFC 17:07 29 Dec 2004

Anyone?

Roadgiant 18:43 29 Dec 2004

I have been using a Lite-on SOHW832SX for about the last 3 months and am very pleased with it so far, cost around about £80. I must admit I am considering an external HD myself in the near future, prices seem to start around £65 for 40GB, which still leaves you around £100 towards a DVD recorder/VCR combi for "she who must be obeyed"!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?