recommendation wanted for anti virus and image sw

Ivor_Monkey 10:47 30 Sep 2004

Can anyone help with these questions about Symantec Norton SystemWorks 2004 Professional or premier Edition verus some other bundle.

I want a good package for drive image and anti virus for a home network 2 (poss 3 pcs).

Symantec do not want phone calls or emails, so perhaps somebody here can help. As regards Symantec Norton SystemWorks 2004 (or 2005)Professional Edition,does this product provide anti-virus updates for two or three PCs or is it limited to 1 pc?

Which version of Ghost does it come with?

Alternatively, I'm interested in acronis true image (v8). Can anyone recommend a good bundle that includes that and gives the same anti-virus cover as symantec?

Thanks

howard60 11:29 30 Sep 2004

I use free AVG and zone alarm firewall and have never had any problems.

Ivor_Monkey 10:26 01 Oct 2004

Thanks, but neither of them create images of partitions.

I'm interested in software that will do create an image of folders/partitions and whether the imaging software comes in a decent package including anti-virus.

Ivor_Monkey 19:14 02 Oct 2004

bump

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:18 02 Oct 2004

Why not use xxcopy which is free?............click here
Used in conjunction with AVG would solve your problem. Just because one has to pay does not mean that one gets the best.

G

Ivor_Monkey 11:53 03 Oct 2004

Gandalf

Thanks. I used the trial version of xxcopy sometime last week and was most impressed. But all of the options on xxcopy for copying seem to insist that target volume will be bootable, whereas I would sometimes only want to copy data. Have I misunderstood something about xxcopy or bootability?

Thanks again.

Ivor_Monkey 09:45 05 Oct 2004

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?