Recommend a Wireless mouse for Vista

Ex plorer 16:16 06 Jan 2009

Hi I have been given a wireless mouse and its USB Airel.
New batteries have been fitted the USB lights up and the mouse lights up. I tried switching off the Laptop and and put the Ariel in and booted up with no success to the mouse.
The mouse is 3 years old and that may well be the problem.
I am using Vista so if any one can recommend a wireless mouse for a laptop I would a appreciate it.

Technotiger 16:33 06 Jan 2009

This one is click here goo I use it on my Desktop not cheap, don't even know if it is still available, but IMHO excellent.

Technotiger 16:34 06 Jan 2009

goo ... should read - so good I use it etc ...

hiwatt 16:35 06 Jan 2009

I've just been bought a logitech wireless mouse(don't know the model off hand)and it works fine as soon as I connected it t my vista computer.

Technotiger 16:37 06 Jan 2009

Dunno what happened there ... anyway click here and yes, it does appear to be still available.

Technotiger 16:40 06 Jan 2009

I paid about £39 for mine when it first came on the scene, some time ago - no regrets at all, it is Grreat!

mooly 17:40 06 Jan 2009

Have a read at all this,
click here

The plug and play problem is nothing to do with the mice by the way. Not what's happening with your original one is it ?

MAJ 19:04 06 Jan 2009

I bought mine in Lidl a couple of years ago for about a fiver, it works well on my Vista laptop and XP desktop, no drivers needed. They sell them every now and again, keep an eye out for them, the brand name is Silvercrest.

mooly 10:59 07 Jan 2009

I got a Llidl one a few weeks ago but returned it,
click here

however since then have found the problem is a MS one caused by an update I believe. The workaround below would have sorted it I am sure, didn't know at the time though.
Whats the battery life like, I seem to remember it used a single AA cell ?

mooly 11:00 07 Jan 2009

The workaround if anyone has "issues" installing any USB mouse,
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires