Recommend a Movie Maker?

Marky_Bhoy 08:51 27 Jan 2004

I have juist discovered the windows Movie Maker that comes bundled with XP pro.

It's a great little program with lots a neat tools.

However, I suspect that there are other movie makers out there that are better.

Could anyone recommend one?

Mark

P.S I use my Sony Cyber-shot DSC P10 to make my films.

carlos 09:35 27 Jan 2004

I have found very user-friendly and reliable for my Sony PC110 digicam. Also, I have just bought Nova Video Explosion Deluxe to possibly move over to. This is because I have read good reviews and, importantly it has a big and comprehensive package of sounds, videos, transitions. It also has a wider output format.It costs only a little more than Pinnacle. A small beef with Pinnacle is that they give you special fx transitions but lock most of the smart ones out unless you go and buy them to add-on, I believe.Also,not many sound effects and music clips. No big deal as one can easily get more.

MichelleC 10:19 27 Jan 2004

Movie Studio is pretty much the most rock solid dv editor click here. Or this free one is better than MM click here

Marky_Bhoy 19:02 28 Jan 2004

thanks for your sugesstions.

Has anyone else got Pinnacle? I was considering downloading it from download.com but I was scared off by some of the reviews.

y_not 19:39 28 Jan 2004

Studio 8 - while it works its brilliant when it freezes (frequently) its a pain.

Best thing is simplicity of use : worst thing is unreliability of software - never good after a couple of hours of editing to find that it decides to freeze!

That said I still use it (guess cause I paid for it!)

Belatucadrus 19:54 28 Jan 2004

Avid free DV click here a bit limited in functions, but as it's free worth trying out.

monkon2 20:41 28 Jan 2004

try adobe premiere, its a cool video app

Marky_Bhoy 22:27 28 Jan 2004

thanks all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?