Recommend me a scanner/ printer.....

Currantbun 21:34 20 Apr 2008

Hey Guys!

I have a collection of photos, various sizes, that i want to make digital copies of. Can anyone recommend to me a good scanner/ photo printer, preferably wireless (bluetooth would also be a boon). There are so many out there and many seem really cheap but i do want a good quality one.

Any suggestions??

john bunyan 09:22 21 Apr 2008

Epson and HP good, but I prefer the Canon range - very good for photos and the print head is detachable if there is an ink freeze. I have a MP760 but no doubt the latest range has a model for you.Limited facilities for 35mm slides and negs but very good on up to A4 photo scans.

Terry Brown 19:50 21 Apr 2008

I've always used HP and had no problems with quality or speed, and the inks are a reasonable price.
Terry

Currantbun 21:27 23 Apr 2008

Cheers Guys!

Think i am going to go down the HP/ Cannon route. The most important thing is the quality of the scanner, for my photos, and the photo printing. It doesn't need to do negatives.

Technotiger 21:52 23 Apr 2008

I use the Epson Perfection 3490 Photo scanner, and the Epson Stylus Photo R360 - together they give excellent photo scanning/printing results. The scanner also does Negatives and Slides.

Diemmess 09:37 25 Apr 2008

Buy scanner and printer separately if you can.

I'm always suspicious of multi-purpose tools.
I don't doubt there many very good MPDs on the market, but these days I'm using the scanner less and less, but when I do I expect it to give near perfect results. Obviously the printer makes or mars the finished picture

If you can find somewhere to house the scanner away from the desk when not in use, buy each device on its own merit rather than as a bumper fun bundle.

Pineman100 14:51 27 Apr 2008

I have an HP Photosmart C4180 MFD. It's inexpensive to buy (except for the inks of course, but that's never cheap if you use the manufacturer's brand).

It prints well, but - as Diemmess points out - it's not good at everything. The free OCR software that came with it is excellent, but the scanning software has extremely poor descreening.

Copying is a doddle.

Overall, I'd say it's capable and good value.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone