Recommend cheap ink cartridges?

Abravey 00:31 19 Nov 2006

Hi, I've got a Canon Ip5200 and its low on ink..... before I shell out on expensive cartridges I wondered if it was worth trying to find some compatibe ones, and whether that was going to wreck the quality? Any advice?

Thanks very much!!

wee eddie 01:19 19 Nov 2006

I've been using their ink for a while and had no problems, so far!

click here

SLAYER 08:40 19 Nov 2006

I'm with wee eddie.Also use this site.

click here

toxin 12:00 19 Nov 2006

Used Jettec cartidges for years in my 5yr old BJC8200 with very few problems.

you can save approx £5 per cart.

Colours are as good as genuine Canon.

Recommend purchase of Cartridge Flush to keep your nozzles clear 60ml=£2.72 or 250ml=£9.32.

visit click here and be sure to read the special instructions for this cartridge.

Hope this helps, Toxin.

Abravey 12:58 19 Nov 2006

Thanks all, have had at recommended shops and for my printer only Jettec do compatiable cartridges, at about £20 for full set and postage and package. Found on ebay these on ebay for about 13 quid p&p:

Large Black (PGI-5) 28ml
Photo Black (CLI-8BK) 12.6ml
Cyan (CLI-8C) 12.6ml
Magenta (CLI-8M) 12.6ml
Yellow (CLI-8Y).12.6ml
Photo Cyan (CLI-8PC) 12.6ml
Photo Magenta (CLI-8PM) 12.6ml

Bit confused about them telling me how much ink there is, and the introduction of "photo" infront of two of em - do you reckon I'm safer with Jet tec?

Thanks

Al

wee eddie 14:13 19 Nov 2006

I spoke to them about this.

The photo ink has a slightly different composition because of the paper type it is likely to be used with.

I have never bought the photo formula ink as I only print photos once in a blue moon. I have been quite happy with the photos printed using the ordinary ink.

toxin 14:23 19 Nov 2006

I reckon you're safer with JetTec!!

The photo cyan and photo magenta are not used in your printer, but are used in some other Canon printers.

I would be very wary of the ebay ones at that price.

Use JetTec and support a British company; based in Boston Lincs they are the largest manufacturer of compats in Europe.

spuds 16:38 19 Nov 2006
  Trikie 16:32 21 Nov 2006

I use JetTec with Epson 890 and 220 prin terswith total satisfaction. Cheapest supplier I have found is click here.

wee eddie 15:18 20 Apr 2007

From Nixie via the Yellow envelope:

"Hello wee eddie I have a canon ip4200 and have replaced the cartridges but it still tells me I am running low. I wondered when you replaced yours that there is something that you do to the computer to get it to know that there are new cartridges in place? thanks nixie in Oz"

Looking for a Canon ip4200 owner.

I think that these cartridges are chipped but how you re-set the Printer is outside my experience. Have you visited Canon's website? Maybe a hint or two there.

David4637 18:13 20 Apr 2007

Make sure you print a sample of colours on your printer at LEAST ONCE EVERY 2 WEEKS otherwise you will get a blocked print head. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?