recommend a backup program

charlton200 12:00 20 Jul 2007

Hi
Please could you recommend a free backup program for me.
I have tried the windows one which i did not like, and i have tried back2zip which was good but kept missing things.

I just want my document and settings etc, nothing as powerful as copying the system.
Something basic easy to use and I can see easy if the backup has been made properly and changes have been saved.

if you are using or know of such a program I would be glad to know.

Thanks a lot.
Cheers

RussB74 13:26 20 Jul 2007

There`s a very good backup program for free on this months (August) PC Advisor cover disk by Genie-Soft.
It`s very reliable too especially for what you need it for.

rawprawn 13:44 20 Jul 2007

click here
Backup is extremely important and it is worth while considering Acronis True Image 10 if you can stretch to it.
click here

stylehurst 14:12 20 Jul 2007

I know its not free, but I would strongly recommend Acronis True Image

cocteau48 14:33 20 Jul 2007

I was sceptical at first but it has saved my bacon so many times I would not consider running a system without Acronis TI 10.
It is the most useful prog I have ever laid out cash for and do not grudge a penny of it.

You can get a time limited trial of the full version here :
click here

Amazon are still offering it for £21.97 instead of £39.99

charlton200 16:24 20 Jul 2007

Yes i have seen that program recommended here a lot, and i will consider it in the near future.
But i have been out of work with Ill heath for a while , so i have to watch every penny.

For now i was just looking at the best of the free bunch, but all advise is most welcome.

Thanks.

woodchip 16:30 20 Jul 2007

This is easy to use as a backup, but to restore you have to open Windows Explorer and drag and drop the files back in there places.

click here

woodchip 16:37 20 Jul 2007
  charlton200 17:39 20 Jul 2007

thanks very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?