Recomended AGP Nvidia Graphics Card help

Giggle n' Bits 22:38 18 Jan 2007

Got a game called Ceaser 4 for xmas and have found it to suffer from very choppy playback using a Nvidia FX5200 128MB AGP x8 graphics card

A friend tried is on his machine he has a Ti4200 card and it improved the graphics fine couldn't quite get to the higher graphics performance setting but at least stopped it from being very choppy in play.

Are there any gamers who could recomend a AGP x8 graphcs card with preferably a Nvidia chip which this game would run well with.

Thanks for any imput here.

RobCharles1981 22:43 18 Jan 2007

This Card will solve all your needs

click here

Giggle n' Bits 23:22 18 Jan 2007

Thanks but is there anything a bit cheaper

this would improve things click here

click here

you havnt said how much ram you have this could make all the difference!

Giggle n' Bits 00:00 19 Jan 2007

which only made a slight increase but know the AGP Card will make a lot of difference.

Am I right in thinking if I look for a AGP card with 256MB DDR memory maybe a GT or a GS nvidia will do the trick ?

i was guessing you dont have pce express?
depnding on your cpu either of those cards should, in my humble opinion make a fast difference

even!

Giggle n' Bits 00:28 19 Jan 2007

only AGP Not PCi-Express slot. Going huting now.

keef66 11:29 19 Jan 2007

click here

check out the various articles here, in particular the best gaming cards for your money

Don't get hung up on the 256mb memory thing; the graphics chip on the card is far more important.

You can compare the performance of cards using Tom's Hardware interactive gpu charts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?