Recieving repeat copies of emails

namtas 09:09 03 Oct 2006

Suddenly in the last week, and without me making any changes to my system I am getting incoming constant repeat copies of previous received emails with the originall still in my inbox. This is happening on each occasion that I switch the computer on or each time I do a seek on emails.

I have the box ticked to not keep emails on the server. This is not a huge problem but would be better if it was not happening

I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

namtas 09:10 03 Oct 2006

FE, would you please move this to helproom

MESH Support 15:18 03 Oct 2006

Hi namtas,

It might be a good idea to mention who your ISP is as this problem seems to be something at their end if no changes have been made your end.

The server isn't virtually ticking each email as received by you and therefore is not being deleted would be my guess.

Davey

VoG II 15:23 03 Oct 2006

Also which e-mail program are you using?

namtas 21:10 03 Oct 2006

It is embarrassing to be answering this in an inappropriate area
Thanks for the replies I am using Microsoft outlook and NTL is my ISP.

it_girl 22:12 03 Oct 2006

It won't take you long to test it in Outlook Express.Double check setting ; you could Delete and then Add Account details back into Outlook.

Are you using a spam filter?If so swith it off while'st testing.

it_girl 22:14 03 Oct 2006

By any chance are you using McAfee?

namtas 16:29 04 Oct 2006

No I am not using any McAfee products. The part that I do not understand is that I am not getting repeats of all my incoming emails. The problem is odd emails that I received days ago keep being resent to me.

bruno 17:17 04 Oct 2006

I have had this problem for a year or more.It happens at odd times and on three different e mail addresses.They are all routed through Outlook Express.There is no pattern to it.I have tried all sorts of cures and nothing has worked up to now.I reinstalled XP a couple of days ago(not to cure that),but the problem occurred today,so it looks like it is external to the PC.

johnnyrocker 17:22 04 Oct 2006

are the senders the same ones?

johnny.

namtas 18:29 04 Oct 2006

No, senders are not the same source, they are my regular incoming emails sources
from various senders, but instead of ending up with one copy that I read and delete, the next time I boot up PC I get another copy and then later a further copy, this not all happening to emails most I get only the original and that is it.

This problem just suddenly started with no changes being made that I was aware of and no software added

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?