Receiving messages into a Hotmail account

TomG 21:03 13 Jul 2003

I have setup a new hotmail account and though I can send messages I cannot receive any messages.

I have also setup the account in Outlook Express. When I try to retrieve any messages for the new account (into outlook express) I get the following message
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Andy C', Server: 'click here', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0

I have followed the instructions given in the knowledge base article that refers but still get the message. I have setup Norton Internet security to allow cookies but still get the same error messages.

I have tried to download folders for the new account but get the error message the service is currently unavailable. Please try later.

What can I do to sort this out?

matt5705 17:48 14 Jul 2003

downloading msn messanger 6

Foolsbane_1 18:18 14 Jul 2003

Do you have another Hotmail account being accessed through Outlook Express? If so, this may explain your problem. The simplest solution (unless anyone knows better!) is to set up a separate OE Identity for the new Hotmail account.

TomG 20:51 14 Jul 2003

matt5705 - I've been the messenger website and it just says that version 6 is just a preview?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone