Receivin' reported error (0x800CCC92)

piggsfly 18:33 08 Aug 2008

I bought a Dell Inspiron 530 with Vista. I loaded all programs and transferred files via Easy Transfer cable.
Problem is with Outlook 2003. works fine on my login, but on my wifes login I get this message:
Task '(POP3) - Receiving'reported error(0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: -ERR incorrect password or account name'
We use the same account and login, just different contact lists. Tried everything I can think of.
HELP

LAP 19:06 08 Aug 2008

Had similar problem. To start with I would not do anything. I left mine for 12/24hours it sorted itself out.

LAP 19:13 08 Aug 2008

This might be worth a read click here

piggsfly 19:31 08 Aug 2008

I'll give it a try.
Did you leave it up and running or shutdown ???
I've even tried deleting and reloading Outlook on her login, changed everything. Same message, but I at least got her .pst file back and her contacts list.

LAP 09:38 09 Aug 2008

We shut our Computers down each night.

piggsfly 14:12 09 Aug 2008

We shut ours off as well.
Left it off overnight and still ahve same issue. Also discovered that the transfer only imported her archived e-mail messages and not the current ones.
Anyone have another idea ???

piggsfly 23:50 10 Aug 2008

Didn't work, still getting error message

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires