receive email notification

highside 17:17 21 Sep 2008

Help please, How / can I set up automatic notification of an email being received while connected to the internet but not actually in Mail.
Windows Vista / windows Mail
Thanks.

Pineman100 17:53 21 Sep 2008

I don't use Windows Mail under Vista - I run Outlook under XP, so what follows may or may not be correct.

A read receipt is an email like any other. So you need to tell Windows Mail to inform you (by playing a sound) whenever you receive a new email.

Once I've started my computer and run Outlook for the first time, it will do this whether it is actually open or not (always assuming that you have a broadband 'always on' connection to the inernet). I can't primise that Mail will do the same, but it's worth trying.

brundle 18:26 21 Sep 2008

You could try this click here if you don't object to having Mail open itself. I've used this for a long time click here - the only downside is that bits of the interface flicker rather badly in Vista, not really an issue if you just use it to monitor for new mail.

highside 14:23 24 Sep 2008

Thanks to all.

Technotiger 16:05 24 Sep 2008

Or you could use click here where you have a choice of Notifiers, with Sound. I, and all my relatives and friends use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?