Receipt will not print.

TonyAA 12:11 30 Aug 2005

Paid for something online and was then linked to another secure site to obtain receipt.Receipt appears but will not print.Only border prints with no text.

Copied and pasted to word but still will not print even though I can see full copy of receipt on screen.Have had problems in past trying to print certain forms from online sources.

Jackcoms 13:46 30 Aug 2005

"had problems in past trying to print certain forms from online sources."

What are the "online sources"?

Are they .pdf documents requiring Adobe Acrobat?

If so, are you using the latest version 7.0.3 of Adobe?

Jackcoms 13:47 30 Aug 2005

"had problems in past trying to print certain forms from online sources."

What are the "online sources"?

Are they .pdf documents requiring Adobe Acrobat?

If so, are you using the latest version 7.0.3 of Adobe?

Diemmess 13:54 30 Aug 2005

"Copied and pasted to word but still will not print even though I can see full copy of receipt on screen.Have had problems in past trying to print certain forms from online sources."

Sorry to be the second person asking for clarification.... but if you can paste into Word there should be no problem printing or saving what you can see on the screen in Word.

If I have misunderstood, please put me straight.

Graham ® 14:05 30 Aug 2005

With the receipt on screen, and Word open, press 'prt scr'.

In Word, Edit, Paste.

Graham ® 14:06 30 Aug 2005

With the receipt on screen, and Word open, press 'prt scr'.

In Word, Edit, Paste.

wee eddie 14:09 30 Aug 2005

I know that this sounds silly, but a simple solution, maybe not that one, is frequently the answer.

If Word will not print, the problem lies elsewhere.

Terry Brown 14:21 30 Aug 2005

An easier option to print a page (even with print disabled programs) is ctrl + P.This sends the current screen to the printer, regardless of contents.

BigMoFoT 15:46 30 Aug 2005

why you probably can't print by clicking file, print for example, is that you will be on a secure page (look for the padlock) seen as how you've just purchased something. Usually there will be a specific button that says 'Print' on the page if the facility is available.

It is very annoying but those sites where you can't print a receipt usually send you a copy via mail to then print...

TonyAA 16:26 30 Aug 2005

I have printed out three saved documents in Word with text and coloured graphics with no problem but this receipt which is also saved in Word and shows up on the screen will not print out even though it sounds like the printer is actually printing.Tried prt scr but no luck.

Just tried ctrl+P as suggested by Terry Brown and the receipt printed out.Went to secure site and receipt was printed with no problems.Went back to Word and it printed out normally.

Seems like printer suffered some mental block that ctrl+p freed.Thanks all for help,will note down ctrl+p in case it happens again.

TonyAA 16:30 30 Aug 2005

Sorry should have said that all previous printing problems were on secure sites as BigMoFot mentioned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?