Reason Why You Need Spybot&Adaware

DWANE PYPE 23:42 18 Apr 2004

Spybot found this, has any body had it, and how did I get it?

Product: B3D Projector/ Brilliant Digital Entertainment/ Threat Stealth Network.

Functionality: Plays 3D online files, stealth P2P network.

URL: xxx brilliantdigital.com.

The BDE software contains technology that allow Brilliant Digital to turn every computer with BDE installed into a node of a Brilliant Controlled network, thus Brilliant could use your computer for distributed computing without your knowledge.

So any comments/answers!!

johnnyrocker 23:45 18 Apr 2004

brilliant is generally associated with kazaa (probably the full version) and may not work if removed because it was part of t&c but hey if i am on the wrong track someone will undoubtedly tell me.

johnny.

cycoze 23:46 18 Apr 2004

Some info found click here .

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:12 19 Apr 2004

Lay off Kazaa ;-))) I think this advice has been given many times here.

G

johnnyrocker 00:16 19 Apr 2004

a tad unkind i feel as brilliant and kazaa are intertwined and brilliant is in the process of a law suit because of it's practices and the poster may be a newbie unaware of info we already posess.

johnny.

Ironman556 00:20 19 Apr 2004

Definately comes with p2p software, can't remember if it's kazaa or not.

DWANE PYPE 00:42 19 Apr 2004

The thing that I can't work out, is, I've never been on kazaa, or any P2P sites, so how did I get it.

cycoze:

Thanks for that, it looks like I've got my work cut out if Spybot has not removed it completely, so will check it out tomorrow.

Thanks DW.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:42 19 Apr 2004

It does belong with Kazaa and is installed with the 'media desktop'...... and I did put a winky in the previous thread.....:-))))

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:46 19 Apr 2004

It could come with other programmes although kazaa is usually numero uno culprit. It will not do any harm....'Privacy Issues: None known. The b3d Projector does not track URLs visited or any other user behavior. BDE collects aggregated statistics that show a variety of anonymous activities', and all attempts at the 'distributed computing system', have been sent down the Swanee. IMHO, like nearly all adware, nowt to fret about.

G

Ironman556 00:54 19 Apr 2004

click here if not

I think the briliantdigital website had removal info on it. Search your hard drive and registry for the program & manufacturer if you can't find anything to remove it or manual instrauctions.

DWANE PYPE 01:04 19 Apr 2004

Thanks every one, As I said I will Check it out tomorrow.

Ironman556:
Got Ad-aware will run that when I log off.

Regards DW.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?