rear connection of skybox

pookie 08:49 15 May 2009

hi

i have looked on sky website but can't find the answer.

I have the freesat from sky package (or whatever it is now called). When i moved into my house the old owner had sky (they took the sky box with them) but they had a cable running from the skybox downstairs to a tv upstairs which allowed them to watch the sky channel on the downstairs tv on an upstairs one. I wish to use that cable now in my skybox. The 3 rear connection options for the cable to go into seem to be: Aerial in, RF out -1 and RF out -2. I am not electrically minded and don't wish to blow the box up! Which socket should I put that cable into?

Many thanks

P

muddypaws 09:01 15 May 2009

pookie

I have an oldish Pace box and my second room is plugged into the RF out 2 as per the manual.
You may also have to activate this socket within the set up menu and I can't remember exactly where in the menu that is.

BRYNIT 09:03 15 May 2009

Connect RF 2 out to upstairs TV.

BRYNIT 09:05 15 May 2009

Too slow.

You will only need to go into the set up if you want to get a LT link. click here

muddypaws 09:05 15 May 2009

PS Just found my note to myself!
Services> 4 > Options 1-7 select 1 > select 4
But no doubt box menus vary.

muddypaws 09:07 15 May 2009

BRYNIT
Thought things may have changed.
10 years ago I definitely had to activate RF 2.

pookie 09:10 15 May 2009

many thanks guys and i'll try that. should i have anything in the 'aerial in' socket? at moment only other cable is in 'dish input' socket? (apart from power cable)

muddypaws 09:16 15 May 2009

Only if you have an analogue roof aerial. ( I think)
Presumably you have scart to your main TV and recorder.

pookie 09:19 15 May 2009

yes, scart from sky to tv and to dvd recorder

pookie 09:36 15 May 2009

out of interest within services and picture settings do you have video output as rgb or pal? as mentioned i have only a scart cable from skybox to tv and none of those cable with various coloued connectors on the end

muddypaws 10:11 15 May 2009

Mine is set to RGB. Whether right or wrong it has always been OK. Although I don't have an RGB cable! Only scart.
The red and white sockets ( if that is what you mean) are for connecting audio output to a hi fi.
Perhaps BRYNIT can confirm the RGB/Pal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?