realtek -sound recorder-help1

moby58 05:13 19 Jul 2007

ive lost my sound recorder[not sure how or when-possibly when i downloaded sound recording software/then uninstllled the software]ive emailed realtek to see if i could download it.theyve asked for -motherboard model name/chipset/os audio chipmodel name!??ive absolutely no idea how to find these.theyve emailed back saying contact yr pc manufacturer for details.is there an easy way for me to find these details?ive got a new laptop-fujitsu.im not very tecnical so this has baffled me!i just wanted some user friendly advice or download!help!thanks...

Technotiger 07:54 19 Jul 2007

Download and run SIW click here

This will tell you Everything about your PC except Size of PSU.

Demora 08:03 19 Jul 2007

The best and easiest thing to do if you're not to techie is to go to Fujitsu website and look up your model number. It should have a spec of whats in the pc. Also if there are any updates for the soundcard they might be on there. click here

If you mean windows sound recorder (not the best)

Try 'Start/accessories/entertainment' for that one.

Or 'start/control panel/ Sounds and Audio/ Audio tab.'
could be something that has been unticked after a system crash

D

crosstrainer 08:20 19 Jul 2007

Issues with Vista and Realtek sound recorder, I have (without knowing the model number of your laptop) what I think is the same sound chip in my Acer laptop.

The confusion arises from the two available drivers....you either have the High Definition Audio chip (likely, and the one I have) Or the standard Realtek 7.1 chip. these use different drivers, and the built in mixer facilities will not work with Vista. If you can post back with the model of your machine, we can give more information, but the link for downloading both of these is click here

Note that you need to uninstall the old ones first and if you are running Vista, then choose the driver only option.

Technotiger 08:30 19 Jul 2007

'easiest thing to do if you're not to techie'

Have you ever tried SIW, cannot be anything easier for finding out all about your PC.

Stuartli 08:52 19 Jul 2007

If you are thinking of downloading the Realtek onboard sound standard or HD drivers, best not to use the Realtek website, which is notoriously slow; use MajorGeeks or Softpedia instead.

The Realtek drivers, especially for Vista, are being updated on a very regular basis at present and both the websites mentioned feature them immediately they are released.

crosstrainer 09:03 19 Jul 2007

Tries to install the newest 7.1 drivers but after re-start it bleats about incompatable device driver....I have reverted to the old one for now.

moby58 16:34 19 Jul 2007

my model is AMILO PI 1505 and yes ive got vista...thanks for all the replies...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?